These are challenging times and janitorial services allow essential businesses to operate. We’re doing everything possible to support South Florida during the COVID-19 crisis. Rest assured, we’ve taken extra precautions to keep our clients and staff safe. This is our top priority.
To decrease the spread and likelihood of a facility outbreak, we’ve taken measures.
- All our staff must wear protective gear such as disposable gloves and masks.
- We clean all objects and surfaces in your commercial space daily.
- We use disinfectants that meet the EPA’s (Environmental Protection Agency) criteria.
- We’re using CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) recommended cleaning procedures.
First, our team cleans each area with detergent or soap and water. Second, we disinfect each area with EPA-registered disinfectant specific for combating COVID-19.
Our protocol also includes the following.
- We clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, countertops, desks, etc.
- We clean our hands with soap often and for at least 20 seconds.
- We keep alcohol-based sanitizers on-hand in case of the event that soap is unavailable.
- We maintain a distance of 6-feet from people as recommended by the US government and CDC.
- We require staff to stay home when sick and undergo testing or remain home for 14 days.
- For soft surfaces like rugs or carpets, we clean with EPA-approved cleaners, including soap and water.
How to Successfully Re-Open Your Business
More than 35 states have restrictions on businesses to help fight the spread of COVID-19. The state of Florida is among them. We have 25,492 confirmed cases so far, according to the Florida Department of Health.
Essential businesses are open while nonessential ones remain closed until further notice. Gov. Ron DeSantis is making plans to lift restrictions. Many businesses in South Florida can’t wait to reopen. But you need proper precautions for a successful re-open.
Reopening your business after the COVID-19 lockdown demands better safety measures in place. This is because even after reopening, the pandemic won’t be over. The virus will still be out there so you need to prepare. Make sure your janitorial service vendor knows how to prevent virus outbreaks.
If we want to avoid another wave, we all have to do our part and your business can make a difference. At Sawgrass Cleaning Solutions, our top priority is keeping everyone safe from COVID-19. So we’ve mastered the comprehensive cleaning protocol necessary to fight this disease.
The Importance of Using the Right Cleaning Agents
Improper cleaning agents will not prevent the spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 is a strong virus that requires the utmost of care to deal with. As a result, proper sanitization of commercial spaces is more important than ever. We understand the importance of doing our part to help prevent the spread and know exactly how to do so. We have always cleaned for health and our team is on the front lines of this fight.
We use each EPA-approved cleaning agent or product safely and securely. For example, some cleaning agents recommend that surfaces stay wet for some time. Others need good ventilation for higher effectiveness. Also, alcohol solutions with less than 70 percent of alcohol are ineffective.
Not all cleaning products are effective against COVID-19 so we must take care.
Protecting Yourself and Others
There are three ways to protect yourself and others from getting infected by the virus. These are as follows.
- You must keep surfaces clean. COVID-19 can live on surfaces for hours to days. For example, it can live on metal surfaces for five days and remain on wood for four days.
- Take care of your hygiene. Scientists still don’t understand a whole lot about the virus. But they know how it spreads. COVID-19 spreads through respiratory droplets produced when we cough or sneeze. The virus also spreads by contact such as when people touch an infected surface. So wash your hands, take baths often, wash clothes, etc.
- Keep practicing social distancing. Maintain your distance from other people. Six feet apart is the recommendation. Social distancing is helping to save lives. So make appropriate plans for serving your customers.
Janitorial Cleaning for Health is Key
This pandemic is a wake-up call. Janitorial service providers that clean for appearance must change their approach. We cannot afford to get blind-sided by another powerful virus in the future. At Sawgrass Cleaning Solutions, we always provide healthful cleaning.
The process of cleaning to prevent COVID-19 or a virus in its class is quite complex but we are here to help. We’ve been serving businesses in South Florida plus neighboring areas for many years. We’ll continue to do so and track the situation surrounding COVID-19.
Please note that while we use EPA-approved disinfectants (list N), we make no guarantees that any particular product will kill COVID-2.